Fairy Tail Online

Welcome to Fairy Tail Online. Please login/register to start your adventure. Pump yourself up!
User Menu
Statistics
We have 82 registered users
The newest registered user is rosemary12151821

Our users have posted a total of 3581 messages in 300 subjects
Quick Links

Copyright
Fairy Tail © Hiro Mashima
Fairy Tail Online © Itazuki
©opyrighted.
Everything created in this website is of their respective owners and administrators, Hiro Mashima, Itazuki, Wesaam, Michael, and all related topic and forum creators. Information regarding anything cannot be copied unless asked from the creator's permission. Anything such as topics, articles, reviews, posts etc cannot be copied at any time or moment. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape

A Combat system.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Combat System would you prefer?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

A Combat system.

Post by Itazuki on June 3rd 2016, 12:03 am

Hey folks!

So we were debating on the combat system we currently have and to my vision, it is not complete; while no system is, I believe the one I am going to propose will definitely have an upper hand than the one we currently have (do we even have one, lol?).

So how it will work is that each rank will be having a set of hp. It could be 100 HP for D-rank and would increase by 100 for each specific rank, so S-rank would have 500 hp. Now with this we will also be including the Magic pool or magic power, or simply said MP. Each rank will also have a specific MP. With this you won't have a limitation on the spells in any way, form or shape. In fact, any spell you use at a particular rank would do the same damage and require same amount of magic power you have in totality. So you could go as far as creating a huge fireball to make a fire whip, both would do same damage regardless of their forms and would require the same amount of MP.

Onto the next thing, what if you wanna use a fireball of a lower rank and you're of a higher rank? Well for this you will have to state in the brackets as such Fireball spell (D-rank) so this way the confusion will be removed and you will have to simply deduct the amount of MP that a D-rank fireball uses.

So that being said, if you get hit by a said spell, you YOURSELF will have to remove your HP out of the total hp (100% by default). You will be given the option to alter it and if you don't do it, the other player may report you and a consequence will be done against you.

[NEW STUFF; proposed by Zel which I happen to like]So what he said is that you can simply cast anything of your magic. Let it be anything really. But at the end of your spell, you will have to write (D-rank, C-rank, B-rank etc) to tell how much damage you're trying to do. Now accordingly you will also lose your MP. So all I care for a D-rank could use a C-ranked damage, but his magic power would be drained drastically, so it is preferred to not use it at any time or way.

If anything else is required, we will give answers to this system further. Once you choose to vote against an option, please also state why would you prefer it. Thank you.

Last edited by Itazuki on June 3rd 2016, 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

Character sheet
STR: S-rank
SPE: S-rank

http://fairytailonline.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Combat system.

Post by Shisei on June 3rd 2016, 12:08 am

I have picked the new system ONLY because i agree that the magic pool should have values to it so it can be tracked and managed a bit better than just by guessing that you have used up all your spells. I do not agree with the HP, for a forum rp HP is too difficult to manage (in my opinion) as all spells would do different damage, close combat attacks would do different damage, it just doesn't make rp sense for all spells, weapons and unarmed hits to do the same amount of damage. I say keep the HP system the same (i.e. there is none) and consider putting in a system for magical power.

Character sheet
STR: B-rank
SPE: A-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Itazuki on June 3rd 2016, 12:26 am

Agreed, actually. But we will see what brings us in the near future. For now I'll be going with mana system only. We will decide the values once we see this is liked by people and will add it soon enough.

Administrator

Character sheet
STR: S-rank
SPE: S-rank

http://fairytailonline.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinn on June 5th 2016, 7:46 am

I agree with Ita with the health thing but. I dont think we need two stats to keep track of. why not work out an equation or something and make the One stat Stamina. since both MP and how long you fight tie into that.

And then we can brake down when a spell hits into damage values that drain stamina along with spells that have been cast.

Example. Jim Bob D-rank 100 Stamina

Jim Bob casts fire ball (d- rank -10 mp)
Opponent Casts magic missile (c- rank -25) Basic hit
Jim Bobs attack miss
Jim Bob was hit By Magic Missile Basic hit - 25 Mp
Jim Bob remaining stamina 65

Types of damage Key X= number value of mp put into a spell attack Y= The damage or stamina drain to target

Minor: 50% less then basic damage (example Basic B-rank spell hit for 50*-.5= -25 stamina drain on hit.)
[X*-.5=Y]
Basic: Hits for the same amount of energy put out (example D-rank spell 10 mp Hits -10 stamina)
[X=Y]
Heavy 50% more then Basic damage (example B- Rank spell 50mp hits 50*.5=25+50= -75 stamina)
[(X*.5)+X=Y]
Critical *2 of basic damage a lethal blow to the head or 100% unavoidable damage due to being incapacitated or paralyzed or any other manner not allowing you to block or dodge. (example B- rank 50 mp hit 50*-2=-100 stamina drain) [X*-2=Y]
Rinn

Character sheet
STR: D-rank
SPE: D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by WinterwolfXD on June 5th 2016, 8:18 am

each rank level adds 100 stamina

Each rank in MP provides +25 stamina to current rank

Each rank in Endurance +25 stamina to current rank

so a D rank with B rank in both MP and endurance will have 150 MP

MAX stamina unless other wise stated would be 600 Stamina at SS rank which non of us are.

RP Officer

Character sheet
STR:
SPE:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top