Fairy Tail Online

Welcome to Fairy Tail Online. Please login/register to start your adventure. Pump yourself up!
User Menu
Statistics
We have 112 registered users
The newest registered user is natsuthefireeater

Our users have posted a total of 3581 messages in 300 subjects
Quick Links

Copyright
Fairy Tail © Hiro Mashima
Fairy Tail Online © Itazuki
©opyrighted.
Everything created in this website is of their respective owners and administrators, Hiro Mashima, Itazuki, Wesaam, Michael, and all related topic and forum creators. Information regarding anything cannot be copied unless asked from the creator's permission. Anything such as topics, articles, reviews, posts etc cannot be copied at any time or moment. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape

Liquid Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Liquid Time

Post by Ushio on February 12th 2016, 10:58 pm

Name of your idea: Liquid Time

Details: Briefly, people can be in multiple threads at the same time, as long as they keep track of the events happening in them. Also, time in-character isn't measured compared to real-time, but is rather liquid.

Time of implementation: Whenever(???)

Will it make FTO better? Yes. This is something most rp forums go by, and for a good reason too. While real-time related rp is good for chat oriented rps, or for people who want to rp a certain time of the day and not wait for someone's reply for over a day, it is a bad combination with forum rp. I'll speak personally, in case I'm the only one feeling this way, so as to not offend anyone. So, personally, I don't have much time in-between school, cram school and after-school activities. It's not easy for me to stay online for a long period of time, thus making it hard for me to join rp threads, since I know my turn will be skipped if I don't reply quickly, and will also not be able to be in a second thread where I might have agreed with the other people in it not to skip turns. So basically I'm stuck in an endless loop of being skipped and not being able to rp, leaving the thread, and then joining another one and going through the same process. That's one reason to turn to liquid time.

Another one is, liquid time makes plotting easier and quicker. Being able to be in two threads at a time allowed a player to interact with two other players instead of one, which results in more character relationships, which is (???) the purpose of rping (???). I'm not saying people should make clones of themselves and be everywhere at the same time. I'm pretty sure we're all mature enough to organize our character's timeline.

I don't know if this makes sense ??? If it doesn't, I can explain more ???

Ushio

Character sheet
STR: C-rank
SPE: C-rank

Back to top Go down

Re: Liquid Time

Post by Itazuki on February 13th 2016, 1:55 am

Not a bad suggestion; however I had similar ideas for this thing. The purpose or more like thing that stopped me was in the future we may encounter some people who would deliberately be role-playing in different threads to just simply increase their points. Because lets face it, I don't want a person role-playing in a guild and then at the other moment he's also role-playing in someone else's house or of such similar sorts.

This is what stopped me; but I guess you could provide me with further details on this one I believe?

Administrator

Character sheet
STR: S-rank
SPE: S-rank

http://fairytailonline.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ushio on February 13th 2016, 2:57 pm

Welp, you could always focus getting points only through missions and major rp events. Maybe raise up the reward points in missions, and make it so that normal threads don't get points. I mean, I don't know, to me it makes more sense to earn currency through missions than through everyday interaction.

I could be wrong ???

Ushio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by neighty on February 13th 2016, 3:59 pm

I recommend this, even though I am new and haven't rped in this game yet I can imagine this becoming a problem. With this liquid time or whatever people that are bored and don't hav anything to do can jump in many RPs and as long as you don't get points off of that people won't abuse it. However there is 1 major disadvantage that might activate if this implemented. People won't be active in RP that doesn't rewards you and will only go for missions.
neighty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Itazuki on May 29th 2016, 6:21 pm

This is in review now, I hadn't seen this when I was here previously, but now I will.

Thank you for your suggestion, we will reply after we have sorted this out.
The suggestion might need a bit of tweaks in it, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Administrator

Character sheet
STR: S-rank
SPE: S-rank

http://fairytailonline.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top